Great leadership requires regular development and growth — and great leaders know this to be true. The Ferguson Partners leadership consultants utilize a variety of tools and approaches to help accelerate individual, team, and organization-wide success.
Why We Do What We Do
- We fundamentally believe that talent management is at the core of our client’s success and we are passionate about helping our clients succeed.
- We aspire to be a trusted advisor to our clients. We view each assignment as an opportunity to help you achieve your organizational strategy and build your talent for the future. It is in our DNA to partner with clients for the long term, and that means we are committed to doing the right thing, every time.
- We care about our work and take tremendous pride in helping others succeed. We are responsive, committed, and go above and beyond the requirements of a project to exceed our client’s expectations.
How We're Different
- We create customized client solutions: We have the flexibility and freedom to design a program or solution to fit your exact needs. One size does not fit all, and we’re not about to recommend that it does. Your company and your leaders are like no other, so your solution should be too.
- We have an integrated talent management approach: The size and structure of our firm enables our consultants to think about talent differently. We work in lockstep with the other parts of our business, including Executive Search, Compensation, and Management Consulting, to ensure our clients gain full access to our organizational knowledge and thought leadership.
- We have broad industry experience: Our Leadership Consultants have worked across a variety of industries, allowing us to establish a robust benchmark of what great leadership looks like. We have helped build effective leaders and teams across financial services, real estate, private equity, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, hospitality, energy, higher education, food services, consumer goods, retail, insurance, technology, and advertising & marketing.
- We establish authentic connections: When it comes to leadership development, it is critically important that the individual feels comfortable and connected to the consultant. We create an experience with executives they remember by providing them with the right mix of self-reflection, practical application, and access to a confidential resource.
- We are business-minded: We are at our best when we understand your business. We take the time to understand the historical context and current state, the strategic plan and key objectives, and how long-term goals impact the current and future leadership need.
- We are honest: We do not just tell our clients what they want to hear. We provide straightforward feedback and authentic insight in order to both accelerate the leader and safeguard the organization. We communicate an alternative point of view with respect and candor, and provide the necessary data to support our observations.
If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to one of our capable team members. We look forward to the opportunity to tell you more about what makes us unique.
Our Core Offerings
Our premier Leadership Consulting offering — CEO and Senior Executive Succession Planning — is used widely by our clients and is one of today’s most critical issues for investors, Boards, and management teams. We balance risk management with a developmental focus, helping you to get the right leader in place with our honest assessment of fit. At the same time, we provide insight and a rich developmental experience to help grow and retain the best internal talent for the long-term.
Our approach to assessment is high touch, customized, and focused on a client’s unique business context and leadership needs. We conduct assessments for selection or individual development, primarily at the senior executive level. Our assessment session involves an in-depth biographical interview and deep dive into the candidate’s career and education, core motivations and drivers, and early life experiences which have shaped their leadership style. We assess candidates to determine fit and readiness for role as well as for future development. The process is designed to elicit hard data about performance and achievements, and uncover the psychological characteristics which underpin a leader’s success or failures. To complement the in-person interview, we utilize psychometric testing which taps into personality, motivations and values, problem solving style, and potential gaps that could derail performance.
Coaching is a proven means of executive development, used in a variety of different contexts. Leaders may be transitioning from a very senior level role to a CEO position, or to a more demanding role that requires a shift in leadership style. They may require the support of a coach who can help them gain greater insight about themselves, hold them accountable to structured behavior change, and help them measure the impact of their leadership characteristics on their organization and industry. By identifying the derailers and enablers of an individual’s leadership style, our leadership consultants provide executive coaching with focused, actionable goals and measures to ensure development and progression.
The effectiveness or dysfunction of a team can have a dramatic effect on business performance. Each team and organization has its own unique dynamics and culture; therefore our approach is never off the shelf. When working with a team, we identify the collective strengths and development items, areas of untapped performance and significant blockers to success, and build a bespoke program to ensure the team is aligned around business objectives, understands how to deliver, and is effective in managing internal and external relationships.